Welcome to the Week 3 edition of NFL Power Rankings. Every week, we will every single team from 1-32. There were a lot of teams, like the Dolphins, Jets and Cardinals that had amazing comeback wins in Week 2. That will definitely shake things up here on this edition of the power rankings! Let’s spend no time! Let’s get into this!
1. Buffalo Bills (2-0) – 41-7 over Titans | Even | Highest Ranking: 1 (Week 2)
I was contemplating moving Buffalo down in the power rankings because of teams below them, but how could you move them down after a 41-7 obliteration of the Tennessee Titans! Josh Allen once again did his thing, 26-38 for 317 yards, four touchdowns, no picks, and is showing why he’s arguably the best in the game. The defense on the other hand was also stellar, holding Derrick Henry to just 25 yards on 1.9 yards per carry, picked up Tannehill and only held them to seven points. They remain #1!
Next week matchup: @ Dolphins
2. Kansas City Chiefs (2-0) – 27-24 over Chargers | Even | Highest Ranking: 2 (Week 2)
I contemplated moving the Chiefs up to #1 after two stellar weeks of football. Patrick Mahomes is showing he may also be one of the best in the game, and shows his diversity with wide receivers. After getting rid of Tyreek Hill, who had 24 touchdowns combined in his previous two seasons in Kansas City, Mahomes has gone to secondary options like Justin Watson, in midst to passing for 235 yards and two touchdowns while leading Kansas City back from down 17-7 to one of the best teams in the NFL!
Next week matchup: @ Colts
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-0) – 20-10 over Saints|Up 1 | Highest Ranking: 3 (Week 3)
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have been a very sloppy offensive 2-0 team, but a stellar defense has kept them in the game. Brady has only passed for 402 yards, two touchdowns and one interception with a 61% completion percentage so far in 2022, and the offense has only scored 39 points combined in the two games. However, the defense has only allowed 13 combined points, topping the NFL in points per game allowed, while leading the league in sacks with 10 in two games!
Next week matchup: vs. Packers
4. Miami Dolphins (2-0) – 42-38 over Ravens | Up 4 | Highest Ranking: 4 (Week 3)
The Miami Dolphins pulled off the impossible comeback against the Baltimore Ravens, coming back from down 21 points going into the 4th quarter. After throwing two interceptions in the 1st half, Tua Tagovailoa exploded in the 2nd half, throwing for five touchdowns in the 2nd half (six total), while completing 72% of his passes on an AFC Offensive Player of the Week Award game. His receivers Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle had a combined 361 yards and four touchdowns in the game!
Next week matchup: vs. Bills
5. Philadelphia Eagles (2-0) – 24-7 over Vikings | Up 5 | Highest Ranking: 5 (Week 3)
The Philadelphia Eagles proved me wrong in Week 2! I said Minnesota was going to win, and instead, Philadelphia put on a masterclass on defense, forcing Kirk Cousins to three interceptions and just one touchdown with a 58.7% completion percentage, and Justin Jefferson was held to just 48 receiving yards after an 184 yard performance against Green Bay. Dalvin Cook was also shut down to just 17 yards on six carries against Philadelphia. This defense is stellar, and some Hurts’ TD’s gave them the win!
Next week matchup: @ Commanders
6. Los Angeles Chargers (1-1) – 27-24 loss to Chiefs | Down 3 | Highest Ranking: 3 (Week 2)
The Los Angeles Chargers could have easily moved up in the power rankings from #3, but blew away a game that was in their hands! Up 17-7, the Chargers chocked away a big division win in Kansas City, throwing a pick-six and allowing Mahomes to do his thing. Herbert played very well not including the interception (33-48, 334 yards, 3 touchdowns), but the loss of Keenan Allen definitely hurt the offense, especially towards the end of the game!
Next week matchup: vs. Jaguars
7. Los Angeles Rams (1-1) – 31-27 over Falcons | Even | Highest Ranking: 7 (Week 2)
The Rams are still not the team beat in Los Angeles! The Rams, after an absolute disgrace of a performance on opening night against the Bills, the Rams bounced back with a win over the Falcons. But it was closer than needed. Cooper Kupp still did his thing as always (11 rec, 108 yards, 1 touchdown), but despite three Matthew Stafford touchdowns, two interceptions kept Atlanta in the game, as the underperforming-Kyle Pitts led Falcons lost by just four points to the defending champions!
Next week matchup: @ Cardinals
8. Minnesota Vikings (1-1) – 24-7 loss to Eagles | Down 3 | Highest Ranking: 5 (Week 2)
The Vikings highly disappointed in Week 2. As mentioned, the offense could do anything, as Cousins threw three picks, as Jefferson had 48 yards receiving and as Cook had 17 yards rushing. The defense played okay, but allowed Miles Sanders to rush for 80 yards on the ground and allowed Jalen Hurts to throw for 33 yards and one touchdown (one interception to be fare), and also allowed him to rush for 57 yards on two scores on the ground as well!
Next week matchup: vs. Lions
9. Green Bay Packers (1-1) – 27-10 over Bears | Up 5 | Highest Ranking: 9 (Week 3)
The Packers bounced back in Week 2 after an embarrassment to their division rival in Week 1. But against their true rivals, Aaron Rodgers was 19-25 for 234 yards and two touchdowns, while Aaron Jones ran for 132 yards and a touchdown on 15 carries! The defense on the other hand held Chicago to just ten points and held Justin Fields to just eleven pass attempts, 70 yards and an interception. However, Montgomery running for 122 yards on 15 carries is a little concerning.
Next week matchup: @ Buccaneers
10. Baltimore Ravens (1-1) – 42-38 loss to Dolphins | Down 4 | Highest Ranking: 6 (Week 2)
The Ravens could have been so much higher on this list if they hadn’t choked away a three touchdown lead going into the 4th quarter! Lamar Jackson played great–21-29 (72% completion), 318 yards, three touchdowns and one interceptions, while rushing for 119 yards and a touchdown on nine carries (142.6 rating)–and had a great connection Rashod Bateman and Mark Andrews throughout the game (212 yards and two touchdowns between the two), but their 4th quarter defense blew away a 2-0 start!
Next week matchup: @ Patriots
11. San Francisco 49ers (1-1) – 27-7 over Seahawks| Up 6 | Highest Ranking: 11 (Week 3)
12. New York Giants (2-0) – 19-16 over Panthers | Up 7 | Highest Ranking: 12 (Week 3)
13. Pittsburgh Steelers (1-1) – 17-14 loss to Patriots | Even | Highest Ranking: 13 (Week 2)
14. New Orleans Saints (1-1) – 20-10 loss to Buccaneers | Down 2 | Highest Ranking: 12 (Week 2)
15. Arizona Cardinals (1-1) – 29-23 over Raiders | Up 10 | Highest Ranking: 15 (Week 3)
16. New England Patriots (1-1) – 17-14 over Steelers | Up 8 | Highest Ranking: 16 (Week 3)
17. Las Vegas Raiders (0-2) – 29-23 loss to Cardinals | Down 8 | Highest Ranking: 9 (Week 2)
18. Dallas Cowboys (1-1) – 20-17 over Bengals | Up 9 | Highest Ranking: 18 (Week 3)
19. Cincinnati Bengals (0-2) – 20-17 loss to Cowboys | Down 8 | Highest Ranking: 11 (Week 2)
20. Denver Broncos (1-1) – 16-9 over Texans | | Up 1 | Highest Ranking: 20 (Week 3)
21. Detroit Lions (1-1) – 36-27 over Commanders | Up 9 | Highest Ranking: 21 (Week 3)
22. Seattle Seahawks (1-1) – 27-7 loss to 49ers | Down 4 | Highest Ranking: 18 (Week 2)
23. Washington Commanders (1-1) 37-26 loss to Lions | Down 8 | Highest Ranking: 15 (Week 2)
24. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-1) – 24-0 over Colts | Up 7 | Highest Ranking: 24 (Week 3)
25. Tennessee Titans (0-2) – 41-7 loss to Bills | Down 2 | Highest Ranking: 23 (Week 2)
26. Chicago Bears (1-1) – 27-10 loss to Packers | Down 4 | Highest Ranking: 22 (Week 2)
27. New York Jets (1-1) – 31-30 over Browns | Up 5 | Highest Ranking: 27 (Week 3)
28. Cleveland Browns (1-1) – 31-30 loss to Jets | Down 8 | Highest Ranking: 20 (Week 2)
29. Indianapolis Colts (0-1-1) – 24-0 loss to Jaguars | Down 13 | Highest Ranking: 16 (Week 2)
30. Atlanta Falcons (0-2) – 31-27 loss to Rams | Down 4 | Highest Ranking: 26 (Week 2)
31. Houston Texans (0-1-1) – 16-9 loss to Broncos | Down 3 | Highest Ranking: 28 (Week 2)
32. Carolina Panthers (0-2) – 19-16 loss to Giants | Down 3| Highest Ranking: 29 (Week 2)
Thanks for reading the Week 3 edition of the Chase’s Sports News NFL Power Rankings in 2022. Stay tuned for the next article coming out next week!
Wiz Talk with Chase
Cool Sports Network
Leave a Reply