Welcome back to another edition of Chase’s Sports News NFL Power Rankings. After the top three teams all won, and a week of basically all offense (unless you were in Baltimore), this is how these teams rank after five weeks!
1. Buffalo Bills (4-1) – 38-3 over steelers | Even | Highest Ranking: 1 (Week 6)
The Buffalo Bills showed why they are the best team in the NFL, again, in Week 5! The Bills put up 38 points on a hopeless Steelers defense, who couldn’t do anything offensively, because of the Bills lock down defense. Gabe Davis helped my fantasy teams out a lot, by deciding to go for 171 yards and two touchdowns, despite only having three receptions. Stefon Diggs also had an eight reception game for 102 yards and a score. And the man behind all of this, Josh Allen, had 424 yards and four touchdowns. To show how dominant Buffalo was in the 1st half, here this! Josh Allen was on pace for 700 yards and eight touchdowns after the first half, and Davis was on pace for 320 yards and four touchdowns. Mike drop!
Next week matchup: @ Chiefs
2. Philadelphia Eagles (5-0) – 20-17 over Cardinals | Even | Highest Ranking: 2 (Week 6)
The Philadelphia Eagles continue their undefeated streak as they’re up to 5-0 with a tight win over the Cardinals. Jalen Hurts piled on two more rushing touchdowns, and has now surpassed Kyler Murray for the most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback since the beginning of the 2020 season, where Hurts didn’t officially become the starter until Week 13! This Eagles defense is impressing more more than I though they would, and as an overall team, they’re near perfection!
Next week matchup: vs. Cowboys (Sunday Night Football)
3. Kansas City Chiefs (4-1) – 30-29 over Raiders | Even | Highest Ranking: 2 (Week 3)
I envy Patrick Mahomes ability to casually come back by down 17 points, game by game! His ability to take over games is spectacular, and it may be giving him a chance at a 2nd, NFL MVP! Also, who needs Tyreek Hill when you have Travis Kelce decides to turn into a demon in the red zone, as he was able to accumulate four touchdown passes! And for innocent fantasy football players like me, who had Mahomes on his team but had to go against Kelce, I’m sorry! Their connection is just too good!
Next week matchup: vs. Bills
4. Minnesota Vikings (4-1) – 29-22 over Bears | Up 1 | Highest Ranking: 4 (Week 6)
Never would have though to put the Minnesota Vikings at this spot through five weeks of football! But here they are! The Vikings were able to squeak out a one possession win over the surprisingly well played Bears. Justin Jefferson really helps my fantasy team out week by week, and he just had an 154 yard performance, putting him back to first in receiving yards. And for those who haven’t really been keeping up, he is on pace for 1,860 yards!
Next week matchup: @ Dolphins
5. Baltimore Ravens (3-2) – 19-17 over Bengals | Up 2 | Highest Ranking: 5 (Week 6)
The Baltimore Ravens didn’t blow a double digit point lead this time, and were able to close out the game because of the great Justin Tucker, who somehow didn’t earn the AFC special teams player of the week! Mark Andrews is making a legitimate argument to be the best tight end in football, as he was a key piece in this victory. The passing game has had its struggles, but a dominant run game and now less-risky Harbaugh has brought the Ravens to 3-2!
Next week matchup: @ Giants
6. San Francisco 49ers (3-2) – 37-15 over Panthers | Up 4 | Highest Ranking: 6 (Week 6)
The San Francisco 49ers are rolling right now! The offense that apparently “wouldn’t succeed” under Jimmy Garoppolo, put up 37 points, as their offense is playing at a level that the defense could keep up with. Hopefully injuries won’t bring this team down (especially on the defensive line), because they are reminding me somewhat of a 13-3 team that went to the Super Bowl during the 2019 season, that may or may not have bene the 49ers!
Next week matchup: @ Falcons
7. Dallas Cowboys (4-1) – 22-10 over Rams | Up 1 | Highest Ranking: 7 (Week 6)
How bout dem’ Cowboys! The Dallas Cowboys are probably the hottest team in the NFL, as their defense is making a real, legitimate argument to be the best defense in the NFL. My preseason defensive player of the year pick, Micah Parsons, just had his third 2+ sacks game of the season. The running game is playing very well, and the combination of a speedy Pollard and strong Elliott has confused defenses.
Next week matchup: @ Eagles (Sunday Night Football)
8. New York Giants (4-1) – 27-20 over Packers | Up 4 | Highest Ranking: 8 (Week 6)
The Newt York Giants snuck out a victory over the Green Bay Packers in London, by holding the reigning NFL MVP to just 20 points and a failed game-tying drive. Saquon Barkley has been absolutely sensational on the ground, possibly being the best running back in the game. Daniel Jones is playing pretty decent ball as well, and he has also been a dangerous runner. The Giants may be back!
Next week matchup: vs. Ravens
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-2) – 21-15 over Falcons | Up 2 | Highest Ranking: 3 (Week 3)
10. Green Bay Packers (3-2) – 27-20 loss to Giants | Down 4 | Highest Ranking: 4 (Week 4)
11. Cincinnati Bengals (2-3) – 19-17 loss to Ravens | Down 2 | Highest Ranking: 9 (Week 5)
12. Miami Dolphins (3-2) – 40-17 loss to Jets | Down 8 | Highest Ranking: 1 (Week 4)
13. Los Angeles Chargers (3-2) – 30-28 over Browns | Up 2 | Highest Ranking: 3 (Week 2)
14. Indianapolis Colts (2-2-1) – 12-9 over Broncos | Up 5 | Highest Ranking: 14 (Week 6)
15. Tennessee Titans (3-2) – 21-17 over Commanders | Up 2 | Highest Ranking: 15 (Week 6)
16. New York Jets (3-2) – 40-17 over Dolphins | Up 7 | Highest Ranking: 16 (Week 6)
17. Arizona Cardinals (2-3) – 20-17 loss to Cardinals | Up 1 | Highest Ranking: 15 (Week 3)
18. Los Angeles Rams (2-3) – 22-10 loss to Cowboys | Down 3 | Highest Ranking: 5 (Week 4)
19. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-3) – 13-6 loss to Texans | Down 6 | Highest Ranking: 10 (Week 4)
20. Las Vegas Raiders (1-4) – 30-29 loss to Chiefs | Even | Highest Ranking: 9 (Week 2)
21. New England Patriots (2-3) – 29-0 over Lions | Up 3 | Highest Ranking: 16 (Week 3)
22. Chicago Bears (2-3) – 29-22 loss to Vikings | Up 3 | Highest Ranking: 22 (Week 6)
23. Denver Broncos (2-3) – 12-9 loss to Colts | Down 7 | Highest Ranking: 11 (Week 6)
24. Atlanta Falcons (2-3) – 21-15 loss to Buccaneers | Down 3 | Highest Ranking: 21 (Week 5)
25. Cleveland Browns (2-3) – 30-28 loss to Chargers | Down 3 | Highest Ranking: 17 (Week 4)
26. New Orleans Saints (2-3) – 39-32 over Seahawks | Even | Highest Ranking: 12 (Week 2)
27. Seattle Seahawks (2-3) – 39-32 loss to Saints | Up 1 | Highest Ranking: 18 (Week 2)
28. Houston Texans (1-3-1) – 13-6 over Jaguars | Up 4 | Highest Ranking: 28 (Week 6)
29. Washington Commanders (1-4) – 21-17 loss to Titans | Up 2 | Highest Ranking: 15 (Week 2)
30. Detroit Lions (1-4) – 29-0 loss to Patriots | Down 1 | Highest Ranking: 20 (Week 4)
31. Pittsburgh Steelers (1-4) – 38-3 loss to Bills | Down 4 | Highest Ranking: 13 (Week 3)
32. Carolina Panthers (1-4) – 37-15 over Panthers | Down 2 | Highest Ranking: 26 (Week 4)