Welcome to the Week 3 edition of NFL Power Rankings here on Chase’s Sports News! Week 3 is still a weird time to rank teams. Because last year, we saw an 0-2 Bengals team find themselves in the AFC championship game, just an unnecessary roughness call away from going back to the Super Bowl. But teams like Tampa Bay and Atlanta are 2-0, when at the end of the day they may still not be one of the top teams in the league. So this will be interesting, but here’s my power rankings going into Week 3!
1. San Francisco 49ers | 30-23 win over the Rams | Last week’s ranking: 1
I really don’t think there is anything I need to say to prove to you this San Francisco team is the best in the football. Brock Purdy continues to shine as this team’s starting quarterback, and is now 7-0 as a starter in the regular season. Christian McCaffrey is also proving to be one of if not the best running back in the game once again, and this 49er defense picked off Matt Stafford twice. With the Giants ahead of them, a 3-0 start is not unlikely for the 49ers, and they’ll be towards the top of the rankings all season long!
2. Philadelphia Eagles | 34-28 win over the Vikings | Last week’s ranking: 2
I can’t move the Eagles down after winning against Minnesota. DeVonta Smith is proving that Philly’s WR room may be more of a 1A-1B situation after an 131 yard performance. But the two main things that stood out to me were De’Andre Swift and the defense. Swift had just 3 yards in Week 1, but responded with an 175 yard performance in Week 2. Amazing! But long-term, I’m a little concerned about this Philadelphia defense. 20 and 28 points allowed respectively to offenses that should have been more contained. Just something to keep an eye on.
3. Dallas Cowboys | 30-10 win over the Jets | Last week’s ranking: 4
The Dallas Cowboys just continue to prove themselves as one of the more well-rounded team in the league. A defense that held Josh Allen to 16 points allowed 30 to this ultra-talented Dallas offense. The defensively, they shut-down Breece Hall despite his stellar Week 1 performance and has allowed ten points all season thus far. While the competition hasn’t been great, I feel like Dallas is checking off the boxes of everything you need to be to be a championship team!
4. Miami Dolphins | 24-17 win over the Patriots | Last week’s ranking: 5
It wasn’t the prettiest game in the world, but Miami got it done. Tua continues to dominate through the air, and despite a slow game from Tyreek Hill, Miami took it. It’s also great to see their defense making big plays down the stretch, considering that seems to be their largest weakness. Miami looks good, I’m not going to lie!
5. Kansas City Chiefs | 17-9 win over the Jaguars | Last week’s ranking: 3
The Chiefs did not look good, at all, against Jacksonville. Their offense just wasn’t producing. Travis Kelce looked good coming back from injury, and despite some high level play from Sky Moore, Kansas City’s receiving depth and lack of rushing attack outside of Pacheco is part of the reason why they scored less than Indianapolis did on Jacksonville. Kansas City doesn’t look great, but I’m going to trust them until proven otherwise!
6. Baltimore Ravens | 27-24 win over the Bengals | Last week’s ranking: 6
The Ravens looked much better than they did in Week 1! Lamar Jackson had one of the best games of his career, with smart, high IQ football helping him take the game into his own hands. Who needs Ronnie Stanley and Tyler Linderbaum when Patrick Mekari and Sam Mustipher can help you have the lowest pressure rate Lamar has ever faced! The Ravens defense stepped up, and a smart football team climbed their way to 2-0!
7. Buffalo Bills | 38-10 win over the Raiders | Last week’s ranking: 7
The Buffalo Bills proved in Week 2 that they are just fine. Josh Allen had no turnovers and three scores against Las Vegas, James Cook proved his worth on the ground, and Stefon Diggs and Gave Davis stepped up tremendously. Also, Buffalo’s defense is looking scary.
8. Jacksonville Jaguars | 17-9 loss to the Chiefs | Last week’s ranking: 10
I know their ranking raised, but Jacksonville’s offense couldn’t get in the end zone at all in Week two. Slightly concerning, but overall I’m high on this team!
9. Seattle Seahawks | 37-31 win over the Lions | Last week’s ranking: 18
Seattle still has no defense I won’t deny that, but their offense is shining and a shootout win over Detroit isn’t too bad in my book!
10. Detroit Lions | 37-31 loss to the Seahawks | Last week’s ranking: 9
The Lions did not play a bad game, but Jared Goff finally threw an interception, and the Lions defense is back to its old ways!
11. New Orleans Saints | 20-17 win over the Panthers | Last week’s ranking: 15
12. Atlanta Falcons | 25-24 win over the Packers | Last week’s ranking: 25
13. Los Angeles Chargers | 27-24 loss to the Titans | Last week’s ranking: 12
14. Pittsburgh Steelers | 26-22 win over the Browns | Last week’s ranking: 19
15. Cleveland Browns | 26-22 loss to the Steelers | Last week’s ranking: 13
16. Cincinnati Bengals | 27-24 loss to the Ravens | Last week’s ranking: 8
17. Tampa Bay Buccaneers | 27-17 win over the Bears | Last week’s ranking: 24
18. Green Bay Packers | 25-24 loss to the Falcons | Last week’s ranking: 14
19. Los Angeles Rams | 30-23 loss to the 49ers | Last week’s ranking: 17
20. Tennessee Titans | 27-24 win over the Chargers | Last week’s ranking; 26
21. Washington Commanders | 35-33 win over the Broncos | Last week’s ranking: 22
22. New England Patriots | 24-17 loss to the Dolphins | Last week’s ranking: 16
23. New York Giants | 31-28 win over the Cardinals | Last week’s ranking: 23
24. Minnesota Vikings | 34-28 loss to the Eagles | Last week’s ranking: 21
25. New York Jets | 30-10 loss to the Cowboys | Last week’s ranking: 11
26. Las Vegas Raiders | 38-10 loss to the Bills | Last week’s ranking: 20
27. Indianapolis Colts | 31-20 win over the Texans | Last week’s ranking: 30
28. Carolina Panthers | 20-17 loss to the Saints | Last week’s ranking: 27
29. Denver Broncos | 35-33 loss to the Commanders | Last week’s ranking: 28
30. Chicago Bears | 27-17 loss to the Buccaneers | Last week’s ranking: 29
31. Houston Texans | 31-20 loss to the Colts | Last week’s ranking: 31
32. Arizona Cardinals | 31-28 loss to the Giants | Last week’s ranking: 32