Welcome back to another edition of Chase’s Sports News NFL Power Rankings! After a win in Baltimore, is Buffalo No. 1? Or is it the only undefeated team in football, the Philadelphia Eagles? Are the Chiefs there? Let’s, get into this!
1. Buffalo Bills (3-1) – 23-20 over Ravens | Up 2 | Highest Ranking: 1 (Week 5)
The Buffalo Bills, after taking a one week break, are back at No. 1! After going down 20-3 and staring at 2-2, Buffalo decided to score 20 unanswered points, due to a great defensive scheme to stop Baltimore’s offense. Jordan Poyer, after being questionable for the game, had two interceptions on Lamar Jackson in the victory, and was a key piece in stopping Baltimore’s receivers. Allen had just 213 yards and Diggs had just 62 yards, but they’re the best overall team in the league!
Next week matchup: vs. Steelers
2. Philadelphia Eagles (4-0) – 29-21 over Jaguars | Even | Highest Ranking: 2 (Week 5)
The Eagles are generally considered the best overall team in the NFL. And yes there is an argument to be made for that! Jalen Hurts has been playing amazing, as he ranks 5th in passing yards (1,120 yards) and has been one of the best quarterbacks in the league. A.J. Brown has shown to be a very valuable pickup, even though I’d like to see Devonta Smith play more consistent. The defense has been shaky at points, but in general played very well. Fly Eagles Fly!
Next week matchup: @ Cardinals
3. Kansas City Chiefs (3-1) – 41-31 over Buccaneers | Up 4 | Highest Ranking: 2 (Week 3)
The Kansas City Chiefs are back towards the top of the power rankings, after scoring a ridiculous 41 points on what was considered to be the best defense in the NFL; the Bucs defense had allowed just single digit points per game up to that point. Patrick Mahomes is playing at an MVP type level, as he’s 6th in passing yards (1,106 yards) and tied for first in passing touchdowns (11). Kansas City is once again a legit Super Bowl contender.
Next week matchup: vs. Raiders (Monday Night Football)
4. Miami Dolphins (3-1) – 27-15 loss to Dolphins | Down 3 | Highest Ranking: 1 (Week 4)
The Miami Dolphins took their first defeat of the season by 12 points in Cincinnati. They had many struggles on the defensive side of the ball, allowing Burrow to connect with receivers throughout game, and also allowing Joe Mixon to do his thing. I will say all of my prayers were to Tua that night, after he seemed to have been playing concussed. I’m happy to hear he is doing okay. But even with Teddy Bridgewater at quarterback, Tyreek Hill had 160 receiving yards. As long as Tua’s not out long term and the defense holds up to par, Miami will be fine temporarily for Teddy B running the way.
Next week matchup: @ Jets
5. Minnesota Vikings (3-1) – 28-25 over Saints | Up 4 | Highest Ranking: 5 (Week 5)
The Minnesota Vikings could possibly be 1-3, but they’ve continuously found their way to close out the game. Dalvin Cook struggled in London against New Orleans, but when Justin Jefferson decides to go for 147 yards, it doesn’t matter! The defense is not looking great right now, but with the talent they have on offense, it’s hard to not put them here!
Next week matchup: vs. Bears
6. Green Bay Packers (3-1) – 27-24 over Patriots | Down 2 | Highest Ranking:4 (Week 4)
So yeah. The Packers dropped two spots despite winning. But I think people could understand why. And that is because the defense, who is highly considered to be a very good defense, should not allow 24 points to the Bailey Zappe led Patriots offense! But on offense, Green Bay did its thing. Rodgers was 21-35 for 251 yards and two touchdowns. Aaron Jones ran for 110 yards on the ground, and Allen Lazard is making a case to be Rodgers top target ahead of Romeo Doubs, and 116 yard performance.
Next week matchup: vs. Giants
7. Baltimore Ravens (2-2) – 23-20 loss to Bills | Down 1 | Highest Ranking: 6 (Week 4)
The Baltimore Ravens only drop one point for their collapse against Buffalo. Lamar Jackson had easily his worst game of the season with just a 63.0 rating and two interceptions. Rashod Bateman and Mark Andrews combined for just five catches for 32 yards, after a few games ago having a combined 212 yards. And after 61 games in a row without losing when up by 17+ points, John Harbaugh’s streak is over. But with a bunch of talent, this team is plays away from 4-0, and are a few more tweaks away from being the No. 1 team in the NFL!
Next week matchup: vs. Bengals (Sunday Night Football)
8. Dallas Cowboys (3-1) – 25-10 over Commanders | Up 4 | Highest Ranking: 8 (Week 5)
Who needs Dak Prescott! The Cooper Rush led Cowboys have made their first appearance in the top ten, as they are undefeated with Rush at starting quarterback. Rush and his 95.9 rating has had three consecutive game of scoring 20+ points. The defense has also been stellar, as their highest points allowed so far this season has been 19 points, and their average points per game allowed has been 15.5 points, 3rd in the NFL!
Next week matchup: @ Rams
9. Cincinnati Bengals (2-2) – 27-15 over Dolphins | Up 7 | Highest Ranking: 9 (Week 5)
Every panicked over the Bengals 0-2 start. And now they’re back up 2-2, and in my opinion, can beat anybody in the National Football League! Joe Burrow has responded after his four interception season debut, and had just under 290 passing yards and two touchdowns against Miami. Tee Higgins went off for 124 yards and a touchdown. Joe Mixon hasn’t been amazing, but if he can get it together, this Bengals offense can reach any mark they want!
Next week matchup: @ Ravens (Sunday Night Football)
10. San Francisco 49ers (2-2) – 24-9 over Rams | Up 5 | Highest Ranking: 10 (Week 5)
The San Francisco 49ers have actually been better since the season ending injury to Trey Lance. Their offense hasn’t been scoring that many points, Lance or not, but the defense has kept them in games. I do think San Francisco has been very inconsistent, but when your defense allows just nine points to the Rams, and just eleven points to the Broncos, it’s hard not to put them here, when the offense isn’t horrifically bad to hurt the overall team.
Next week matchup: @ Panthers
11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-2) – 41-31 loss to Chiefs | Down 3 | Highest Ranking: 3 (Week 3)
12. New York Giants (3-1) – 20-12 over Bears | Up 1 | Highest Ranking: 12 (Week 5)
13. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-2) – 29-21 loss to Eagles | Down 3 | Highest Ranking: 10 (Week 4)
14. Los Angeles Rams (2-2) – 24-9 loss to 49ers | Down 9 | Highest Ranking: 5 (Week 4)
15. Los Angeles Chargers (2-2) – 34-24 over Texans | Up 6 | Highest Ranking: 3 (Week 2)
16. Denver Broncos (2-2) – 32-23 loss to Raiders | Down 5 | Highest Ranking: 11 (Week 4)
17. Tennessee Titans (2-2) – 24-17 over Colts | Up 1 | Highest Ranking: 17 (Week 5)
18. Arizona Cardinals (2-2) – 26-16 over Panthers | Up 1 | Highest Ranking: 15 (Week 3)
19. Indianapolis Colts (1-2-1) – 24-17 loss to Titans | Down 5 | Highest Ranking: 14 (Week 4)
20. Las Vegas Raiders (1-3) – 32-23 win over Broncos | Up 5 | Highest Ranking: 9 (Week 2)
21. Atlanta Falcons (2-2) – 23-20 over Browns | Up 9 | Highest Ranking: 21 (Week 5)
22. Cleveland Browns (2-2) – 23-20 loss to Falcons | Down 5 | Highest Ranking: 17 (Week 4)
23. New York Jets (2-2) – 24-20 over Steelers | Up 6 | Highest Ranking: 23 (Week 5)
24. New England Patriots (1-3) – 27-24 loss to Packers | Down 1 | Highest Ranking: 16 (Week 3)
25. Chicago Bears (2-2) – 20-12 loss to Giants | Down 3 | Highest Ranking: 22 (Week 4)
26. New Orleans Saints (1-3) – 28-25 loss to Vikings | Up 1 | Highest Ranking: 12 (Week 2)
27. Pittsburgh Steelers (1-3) – 24-20 loss to Jets | Down 3 | Highest Ranking: 13 (Week 3)
28. Seattle Seahawks (2-2) – 48-45 over Lions | Up 3 | Highest Ranking: 18 (Week 2)
29. Detroit Lions (1-3) – 48-45 loss to Seahawks | Down 9 | Highest Ranking: 20 (Week 4)
30. Carolina Panthers (1-3) – 26-16 loss to Cardinals | Down 4 | Highest Ranking: 26 (Week 4)
31. Washington Commanders (1-3) – 25-10 loss to Cowboys | Down 3 | Highest Ranking: 15 (Week 2)
32. Houston Texans (0-3-1) – 34-24 loss to Chargers | Even | Highest Ranking: 28 (Week 2)
Stay tuned for next week’s addition of the power rankings!
Wiz Talk with Chase
Cool Sports Network